Re: Jacuzzi Cetra
Posted by CM on January 24, 19101 at 19:39:54:
In response to Re: Jacuzzi Cetra
: Hi, has anyone had any experience installing this model?
: I am at a lose as to how to finish the wall in front of this unit if I decide to use a tub surround as there is a one inch tile flange running down the front of the tub as well as the back and sides. Also, the Jacuzzi installation manual shows the unit installed against the wall studs ... this leaves a one inch gap between the bottom of the wall board and the unit. Won't this be a weak area even if ceramic tile is used?
: Anybody have any problems with the front apron not contacting the subfloor when installing the unit?
: Really would appreciate all experiences, thanks in advance.

The wallboard (and tile, or the tub surround) is installed so that it goes right over the flange. You may have to shim out the studs if the flange is thick enough that the wallboard bows out where it goes over the flange.
If the front apron doesn't contact the subfloor, make sure that the subfloor is level and that you have installed the horizontal stud supporting the back of the tub at the correct height.

I've added a link to a .pdf file showing an American Standard installation - not your tub but they have a good diagram showing the drywall installation. See the second page, diagram 4. Note you need the Acrobat Reader to view this.

Replies to this post
There are none.