Re: Gas Water Heater
Posted by Jim on December 28, 19100 at 15:06:33:
In response to Re: Gas Water Heater
: I have a gas water heater. Recently, the water hasn't been as hot; the recovery hasn't been as quick. I turned up tank's temperature a "smidge" and it seems a bit better. Questions...My tank sits in a utility room next to the garage. As it's been REAL cold here in the Pittsburgh area for several weeks, is it possible the water temperature is not as strong due to the garage being unusually cold? The tank itself was new with the house and the house is now 6 and a half years old. My big concern is the tank will either explode or cause some mess in my utility room. Are these concerns justified? The big question is...do I do nothing: do I find out if somethings wrong and fix it; or get a new hot water tank now before the thing bursts? Thanks...please also reply any words of wisdom to lstrayer@zbzoom.net

I suggest you go to www.diptubesettlement.com and investigate if the problem is a faulty dip tube. I had a very similar problem and the recall covers various makes from 1993 through 1998. But hurry because you only have until December 31, 2000 to file a claim.

Replies to this post
There are none.