Re: building a new bath, need info on shower
Posted by J.Henze on December 09, 19100 at 09:05:06:
In response to Re: building a new bath, need info on shower
: My preference is to have it installed between the cement board and the wall studs, but many tile contractors install it between the cement board and the tile. In that position, it protects against leaks where the wall and floor meet, but does not do as good a job with leaks between the wall tiles. However, tile installer told me, this week, that there is an epoxy caulk that they can use to seal the top of the liner to the cement board and gives as good a seal as if it were behind the cement board.

: : I'm having a bathroom built on the second story of my home. The shower stall is custom and built by a
: : contractor. My brother also is a contractor and told me that we need pvc under the cement board on the floor
: : and covering the bench seat before we can pour the cement for the floor. Before I address this with the
: : contractor we have hired I would like some advice before he pours the floor. The cement board is screwed
: : in but not glued so there is still time to correct it if needed. The entire shower will be tiled including the ceiling.

Is it necessary to have the pvc liner installed? Since the contractor already has the
board in I hate to see him pull it out. If it is necessary I want it done the correct way.

Replies to this post