Re: Using 1.5" instead of 2" PVC for shower drain plumbing-is it ok??? Please help...
Posted by hj on November 22, 19100 at 13:11:46:
In response to Re: Using 1.5" instead of 2" PVC for shower drain plumbing-is it ok??? Please help...
It will drain slower, and you will still have to increase it to 2" at the shower stall drain connetion which could negate any size advantage of the 1 1/2" pipe.

: Folks, 22 Nov 00
: I am having a lot of trouble plumbing a new 2 piece shower stall with a 2" PVC trap and connecting
: it to the existing 2" PVC drain line. (I've removed the old shower pan and am trying to install a 2 piece
: fiberglass shower stall in its place. The down-drain pipe needs be relocated to the new fiberglass
: shower stall unit drain location. The old shower pan was plumbed with 2" PVC). Since I'm having
: trouble with clearance (its an upstairs bathroom, and the floor joists are 2-by-8's, so the clearance
: between the floor and ceiling below is only 7"). (I'm trying to preserve and not rip the ceiling below,
: since its stippled and I don't want a bigger job than I can handle). My question, is, could I use
: 1.5" PVC instead of the standard 2"??? It would be much easier for me as I would have much
: more room to fit it in. Please please help me. Any advice is gratefully accepted. Thank you
: very much.
: Tony de Crescentis

Replies to this post
There are none.