Re: septic problem
Posted by Matt on November 20, 19100 at 16:20:39:
In response to Re: septic problem
I own a home built in 1927 with a septic (septic updated this year) I had problems with washing machines as well. I ended up having to install an Injector to to the slop sink where the washer bails out to. "Injector" might not be the right term but it is a stand alone unit that hooks to the drain of the sink and has an electric pump in it. When the water level gets to high in the pumps casing it JETS the water out and down to the septic.
I needed this because my plumbing over the many years this house has been around has become lower than where the septic is where my washer is.

Hope this helps.
Matt

: : I have moved to a new house , for 2 days every drain worked fine. We just hooked up washer and did the first load of laundry and all this yuck is now standing in my 2 tubs and toilets and sinks. Help its sunday and i have tons of laundry to do.

: Kim,
: It sounds like a backup on the main line. Is this a truly new home, or an older existing home that has been around a while. If it's new, the test cap or plug may still be in the line. This happens sometimes. Oh, never to me of course. But I have been sent out to trouble shoot homes where this has happened. A lovely job pulling toilet paper and "What the heck is this?" from out of the test cap while a whole house load of water is standing on the other end, and me with just a bucket in the crawl space to shield myself from the spraying "What the heck is this?" stuff.

: If however, it is an older home, it may just be a blocked main line. Terry

Replies to this post
There are none.