Re: Copper or metal shower walls
Posted by hj on November 20, 19100 at 08:33:05:
In response to Re: Copper or metal shower walls
I hope you have an extra room in your house, because you will have to hire a full time person to keep the copper from getting a green patina on it. In addition you apparently already realize that getting it to adhere to the walls without waves is going to be a major problem unless the copper is fairly thick which will solve the waviness but will compound the adhesion problem. If you must have copper metal, then there are a couple of companies that make them, but with the coating that minimizes oxidation for a little while at least, at least until the coating is damaged so that air and water can get to the copper. And a copper floor would be slippery and cold.
: First I must say that whatever I do I will hire a licensed plumber and remodeler to do the work.

: I have a bathtub that I want to replace with a shower. I want the shower to be flush against the walls of the bathroom so that I would have a shower space of 36" X 72" .

: I have a friend who is a professional welder. He said he could weld me shower walls made of copper sheets.

: Do you have any suggestions about whether this an OK material to use?

: Can it be used for a shower floor as well?

: What would the thickness of the copper sheets be?

: How would the copper sheet adhere to the wall of the bathroom? Would the copper sheets have to be bolted into the wall? And if they have to be bolted into the wall isn't this an exit point for water to get behind the shower?

: How expensive are these copper sheets relative to using a material like granite?

: Any recommendations would be appreciated as well as any directions for installation that I can take to the welder, a plumber and a remodeler.

Replies to this post
There are none.