Re: basement plumbing
Posted by Charles Goodman on November 19, 19100 at 16:12:33:
In response to Re: basement plumbing
: i have a utility room in my basement and i'd like to add a bath also. the existing fixtures that are in this room are washer/dryer, breaker box, hot water heater. i have a 2" drain pipe with check valve for my washer, and would like to join into this. what are my choices for a toilet and lav etc.and how far can these be from exisiting plumbing(the room is aprox.12*12)? it would be no problem to join into drain pipe on the out put side of my existing check valve if that will make it less complicated. thank you and i hope you have good news!

Christy,
You will have to find a larger pipe to connect the water closet to. It must be 3" or larger. The rest of the fixtures will need 2" piping if underground (per S.B.C.C.I Plumbing code,if applicable to your area). The venting and distances should be calculated by a plumbing contractor (currently licensed by your local Codes Department). Please don't be bashful about asking for his license, bond, business liability insurance, and workers compensation insurance, as a Professional won't mind your asking. Ask for a couple of references, too!
Best regards,
Charles

Replies to this post
There are none.