Re: cast iron toilet flange on cement basement floor
Posted by Charles Goodman on November 19, 19100 at 15:57:18:
In response to Re: cast iron toilet flange on cement basement floor
: My basement is roughed in for a toilet, with cast iron pipe.
: I have a nice clean hole in the concrete that is about 5/8" wider than the cast iron pipe
: all the way around the opening.
: I will be installing laminate flooring, approx 1/4 inch thick.

: I have two questions.

: 1) Can i moount the flange right on the concrete, and run the floor up to it? this will result in top of the flange
: being flush with the floor or maybe a hair higher than the floor.

: 2) The space (air space) between the casst iron pipe and the edge of the concrete will not really allow me to
: fasten the flange to the cement floor. How can I remedy this problem? How can I attach the flange to the
: flooor>

: Thanks for any ideas or advice

Don,
It's a piece of cake!! Measure the inside diameter of the cast iron pipe. It probably is 4". Go to a plumbing supply house (Noland, Ferguson Enterprise, Steinhouse, etc.) and ask for a PVC flange that slips inside the pipe and has a rubber gasket that expands inside the pipe when you tighten the bolts. Go ahead and put down your finished floor, tightly against the outside of the cast-iron pipe and allow the flange to be on top of the finished floor. Then drill 4 ea. holes in the concrete (thru the holes in the flange) and use "Tapcon" masonry screws to anchor the flange to the floor.
Best regards,
Charles

Replies to this post
There are none.