Shower diverter repair is killing me!
Posted by David B. on November 13, 19100 at 23:47:15:
I am trying to remove the front seat on a 1960's three piece shower diverter valve. I haven't had luck finding a stem sealing washer (not an O ring, it is about 3/8 deep by 3/8" O.D.and is either threaded or appears that way after years of seating). The stem retainer has a white plastic washer that is also threaded outside for the "appearance cap" to screw onto. The knobs said Noland but one plumber said he didn't think it was and the noland place didn't have any washers. I can try to take and post a picture if you want it.

The seat that retains the stem has 2 slots 180 degrees apart that I guess are used to remove it. I am gonna look for that tool if there is such a thing. Does anyone have any idea what brand this might be or how I can determine that. I know this isn't a very good description. Thanks

Replies to this post