Re: Air in new installed plastic piping
Posted by Bud..Suncoast Plumbing on September 28, 19100 at 06:40:30:
In response to Re: Air in new installed plastic piping
Joe: The air or gasses that you see in your water are probably coming from your well or suction line to the pump. Your piping system is constantly under pressure; there is no way that water can infiltrade a closed and pressureized system unless it is pumped in. If you have an AVC (air volume control)on your pump, check it out or reduce the setting (if adjustable).
Lots of luck...Ahrmand

I recently converted my cold water copper piping to CPVC because of the occurence of pin hole leaks caused by my acidic private well water. For some reason, I now have air in the water lines that is prevelent when the toilet is refilling after a flush and when taking a shower. The cold water spurts out now and a gurgling sound occurs. I know it is air because bubbles can be seen in the water storage tank of the toilets when they are refilling. Any clues? Could some of my CPVC joints be leaking air into the system even though there is no water leak out of the system? I also have two compression fitting transitions from copper to CPVC. Thanks for your time in answering this question.

Replies to this post
There are none.