Re: Water Hammer Arrestor
Posted by Terry Love on September 27, 19100 at 19:06:01:
In response to Re: Water Hammer Arrestor
: Your web site lists advertises three types of water hammer arrestors as follows: "But now, Sioux Chief Mfg. has developed the Mini-Rester water hammer arrester specifically designed and priced for the residential market. Unlike air chambers that waterlog within a few weeks, the Mini-Rester is guaranteed to control water hammer for the life of the plumbing system just like its commercial sized counterpart, the Sioux Chief Hydra-Rester."

: There follows three different products: 1. Laundry Mini's; 2. 1/2" MIP mini's, and 3. 1/2" sweat mini's.

: What's the difference between the three? What does MIP mean?

Male Iron Pipe threads.

What does sweat mean?

This uses copper fittings that are soldered together.

There are four water hammer arrestors shown. Which three relate to the ones for sale?

Male iron pipe (galvanized pipes)

Soldered connections (copper pipes)

Laundry washer hoses.(washer hoses)

Local hardware stores may carry these also. Terry

Replies to this post
There are none.