Re: Toto UltraMax vs Carlyle
Posted by Terry Love on September 21, 19100 at 11:58:56:
In response to Re: Toto UltraMax vs Carlyle

: I'm debating between Toto's UltraMax and Carlyle toilets:

: The UltraMax is obviously the recommended one, with lots of positive comments on this msg board. But it doesn't have a skirted styling and that means it's a bit harder to clean (like my present toilet).

: The Carlyle, with the same GMax technology, has the skirted styling. But Terry you commented on your site that it has "low initial noise". Does this mean it gets pretty noisy after you flush? Do you have any comments on the effectiveness of this toilet? There wasn't much info in your report about this toilet. Any comments would be appreciated!

: Does anyone else have any experience with this toilet?

Robert,
I do sell a lot of the Carlyle's.
The noise curve in the Toto's is opposite of the pressure assist toilets, starting out very quiet.
Most people think it as a quiet toilet and compared to the old water wasting toilets, yes, it is quiet. They tend to sell themselves after people use them in homes.
For the installation of the Carlyle, you will need the full 12" from the bolts to the wall, and wall base no larger than 3/4" at the floor line. (unless you get the UniFit adapters that convert to either 10" or 14" )The water supply, needs to be at least 7" left of center at the wall. Closer than that, and you will be into the china skirt.

These work very well, and clean up nice. Terry

Replies to this post
There are none.