Re: vibration in toilet
Posted by Bud..Suncoast Plumbing on August 31, 19100 at 20:40:25:
In response to Re: vibration in toilet
Jane: No need to have a show down with the construction crew down the road. The problem is with your toilets' ball cock. Ball cocks are stoic critters and when thier useful life is at an end they will often hum. I guess it's thier way of saying goodbye without getting all weepy and sentimental. The kindest thing you can do is to purchase a new ballcock and a new flapper.
As soon as time permits, simply go into the bathroom...turn of the water to the toilet tank and follow the instructions printed on the box the ballcok came in. Don't show any outward signs of emotion over the passing of the trusty ball cock. If you think you can do it without your voice cracking with emotion..try humming a little "Good-bye" tune to your fallen comrade.
Lotsa luck..and keep a stiff upper lip..Bud

My toilet started making a humming noise about a week ago. It seems the rod that holds the float in the tank is vibrating and causing this noise. This has never occured before, but has been a continuous problem for about a week. The only thing I can relate it to is there was some construction going on about a block away shortly before the noise started. The noise stops when I turn on the water faucet. Any suggestions?

Replies to this post
There are none.