Re: well problem
Posted by lance White on August 29, 19100 at 17:25:54:
In response to Re: well problem
: I just bought an house with a well we went to turn the water on and no water. we checked all the electric conaections and they are good. There is a new pressure tank also. If the pump is running will it be very noticeable to hear? It is underground in a six inch pipe sticking out of the ground. I don't want to pull on anything until I learn more about it. The water hasn't ran for a while does the pump need primed? any help will be greatly appriciated. Chris

First off, when the pump is running you should not here it. If it is a submersible pump, which it
sounds like it is, it will not need priming. The pressure tank usually has a pressure gauge nearby.
Does it show any pressure. Make sure that the breaker is not tripped and there may be an electrical disconnect (switch) either near the pressure tank, or perhaps at the well head itself. Make sure it is on.
Make sure that the main valve is open. If you can test the voltage at the well head, you should
have about 220 volts when there is power being sent to the well head from the pressure switch.
i.e. pressure on gauge is below 25-30 psi. If you have power at the well head and all valves are open and no water, it sounds like you have pump problems.
But check everything else first.

Replies to this post