pressure reducing valve replacement
Posted by bruce white on August 17, 19100 at 13:41:14:
I have very poor water pressure in a 7 year old residential home that I just purchased in suburban Chicago.

Therte is a pressure reducing valve after the water meter, which according to my local Village water department, may be the culprit, since their records show that there is 105 # pressure in the main (which would have necessitated the valve in the first place.)

The water department thought that the builders in the area used aither Watts, Febco or Mueller valves. I can read "Parts No. 5CM2" on the brass valve and "Model 5M2" on the metal label, but can decern the manufacturer. The piping seems to be 1" in and 3/4" out of the valve

I want to replace it with the exact right model, to eliminate plumbing re-work.

Anybody know what make it is?

Bruce White

Replies to this post