Re: Bathtub/Shower Hot Water Pressure
Posted by Jim Abell on August 13, 19100 at 21:22:46:
In response to Re: Bathtub/Shower Hot Water Pressure
: We have a problem with the pressure of the hot water coming from our bathtub/shower faucet, which
: normally provides very good pressure. Recently, however, the pressure seems to be getting lower and
: lower. The cold water is fine (very high pressure), and the other hot water faucets in the house don't
: appear to be affected. With the hot water handle all the way on, the waters seems to come out at only
: half-strength. With the hot water all the way on, it feels as if there needs to be more area in which to turn
: the hot water on farther, but the handle is on as far as it will go. I tried adjusting the handle with no
: difference. Any ideas on what is causing this and what I can do about it? We use city water (i.e. no well).
: Thanks!

I would turn off the water, take the hot water valve apart. There may be sediment inside from rust in your pipes, and from your water heater. Otherwise, you probably have problems with your water heater. If the other hot water faucets are ok, then it is probably not your hot water tank.
I am a homeowner, but this may give you some help!

Replies to this post
There are none.