Radiators
Posted by Susan on August 03, 19100 at 19:31:40:
I have a huge old farmhouse and was bleeding the radiators on a cold evening. I live alone and always lock my doors. One of the radiators was giving me a problem, I couldn't turn it. So I got a pair of pliers and as I was turning it, my hand slipped and it broke off! I was going through a divorce at the time and this room was full of boxes of legal papers. The water sprayed everywhere. I quickly put my finger over the whole and that held the water back. I felt like that kid in the nursery ryhme, who put his thumb in the dam to hold the water back. Anyway, the phone is on the other side of the house. After about 20 minutes, I decided to make a run for the phone and unlock the back door on the way. I figured I would call my neighbor ( the closest one lives a quarter of a mile away), they are always home, and he would help. After grabbing the phone and unlocking the door, I ran back and used my finger to hold the water back. What a mess! I called the neighbor and could not believe they weren't home. And no answering machine, (they really don't have one because someone is always home). After I got over the intial shock I was wondering why I did grab the phone book, which is on the other side of the house. So I remembered another neighbors number and called them. This time I got an answering machine. Then I called my parents who live an hour away for them to look up phone numbers for me. I called 2 more people and no one was home. After about an hour and a half I finally got in touch with the first neighbor I called. He went downstairs and turned off the water and that night I called a plumber who drained the water and came out and fixed it the next day. I can laugh about it now, but it wasn't funny at the time.

Replies to this post
There are none.