Re: PVC Sewer Line
Posted by Tom Campsey on July 26, 19100 at 19:29:55:
In response to Re: PVC Sewer Line
: : When I experienced a backup in our sewer line, I contacted our homeowner protection company, and they sent out a technician. When they sent a rooter through the pipe, they said that the problem was a collapsed pipe and the policy did not cover this. A truck with a bobcat on the back showed up before they told me the diagnosis, and I did not see anything on the blade when they pulled it up. When we contacted the homeowner protection company, we found that the contractor reported roots and soil on the snake. We demanded a second opinion, and a second company was able to clear the pipe. When I confronted the first company, he told me he still believed it was a collapsed pipe, and that they ran the rooter twice, and only found debris the first time, which was pulled up while I was inside flushing the toilet for them.

: : I know that our pipe is schedule 40 PVC. Does this sound like a reasonable explanation or does it seem that the first technician was running a conn game.

: Tom, The only way to clear this up is to have your sewer line camered. It will tell you if you have a belly in the line or a fitting was not glued or if it is S&D pvc it may be collasped. I can't see sch 40 giving you a problem unless a joint was not glued. So again i think the camera is the way to answer this question.Dale's Plumbing Service Inc LMP

Since it appears that the problem is fixed for now, should I wait to see if it backs up again?
Could it have simply been a stubborn clog?

Replies to this post
There are none.