Re: Water Heater
Posted by dick on July 26, 19100 at 15:43:47:
In response to Re: Water Heater
A small house?? with all that plumbing in a "small" house, do you have to go next door to sleep?

A regular water heater is cheap simple reliable. can be installed and replaced by almost any amature. I would try real hard to go this way.

second choice would be the outside heater. somewhat more expensive but not much more complex. Not particularly attractive.

The tankless heaters, either central or at point of demand, are generaly more expensive and more complex. I don't have any experience with reliability but i would expect them to be slightly less reliable than the tanks due to the added controls and valves. I don't mean to make the tankless heaters sound bad, they are not. they have some advantages over tank heaters. Just in my opinion, they are a little "less good" than the tank heaters.

: I am renovating a small home and the one item I cannot seem to find room for is the hot water heater. (Ok, I do have some alternatives but...) I have surfed the internet and found waterheaters that can be installed outdoors (in mild climates), tankless systems which need less space, point-of-delivery systems with under sink mounting, hanging horizontal heaters (although this one looks commercial). After renovation my home will have: 1 Jacuzzi type tub, 1 regular tub, 2 showers, 3 bathroom sinks, 1 kitchen sink, 1 dishwasher, 1 washing machine. I am also conidering radiant floor heating in the kitchen/family room but of course this is just another hot water demand item. What do I use??? One of the above, a combination of some of the above??? ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED! Also, note that while I won't say cost is no object, I will spend more to get a good efficient system that can handle the hot water needs without the infuriating running out of hot water.

Replies to this post