Re: Toilet Tank Gasket
Posted by ed hieb on July 24, 19100 at 14:06:16:
In response to Re: Toilet Tank Gasket
try it again .drain the tank remove the tank place the rubber washers on the bolt take a little latex or silicon place on the bottom of that rubber washer ,put them back in the holes intended thighted them very firmly but not to tight turn on the water check for leaks if there is some take long srewdriver reach in thru the water and tigthen both screws a little moer should do it, it has me for 40 years call me for other problems I have not heard them all and I am willing to learn !!!!!!
: I had the same problem recently. I could not get the leak stopped when the toilet was flushed. I even replaced the flapper valve unit that is held on with the big nut on the bottom of the tank and still had a leak. I had the thickest gasket that HOme depot sold and still leak. What i found I was doing wrong was I was pushing the foam gasket on the threaded valve as far as it would go. What I ended up doing was I just put the sponge gasket on about two threads and then put the tank back and tightened very little just enough to make the tank steady on the bowl. This seemed to allow the sponge gasket to seal to the bowl and at the same time find its own level on the threaded tube. Hope this helps.
: Bob

Replies to this post
There are none.