Dampness measuring gadget
Posted by Nicole Frank on September 13, 1998 at 18:36:38:
I had a leak in my bathroom from a faulty pipe in the apartment above.
The leak allegedly was eliminated by opening a big hole in my ceiling
and changing a pipe. I was informed that before the hole can be filled
and plastered, the dampness must dry.

I workman came to my apartment with a gadget resembiling a little pocket
radio, which had a face with a needle. He placed this gadget on the wall and
proclaimed that the wall was still damn because the needle moved.

Does such a gadget exist, what is is called and can I purchase it? Or
was I being made a fool of?

I would appreciate your answer.

Thank you in advance.

Replies to this post