Re: Hot water recirculation w/o pump
Posted by dick on July 05, 19100 at 10:47:51:
In response to Re: Hot water recirculation w/o pump
don't see any real problem with this. But don't forget that what you are actualy doing is converting the hot water lines and return lines into part of your hot water tank. and therefore they need to be insulated just like your hot water tank.

: I have a two-story house with a basement where my gas water heater is located. I would like to install a
: static hot water recirculation system without a pump but am not sure it will work satisfactorily. My water
: heater is in the middle of the basement. A single hot water pipe runs from it to the back side of the house
: (in the basement) where it splits into two pipes, one going to the kitchen area and one to the master
: bedroom area. If I add a return pipe from the kitchen area and one from the master bedroom area, join
: them in a T connection and run a single return pipe from that point back to the water heater, how well
: will that perform? I realize the first floor will get the hot water before the second floor, but am just not
: sure I won't need a pump under the kitchen sink and one under the master bedroom lavatory. Can
: you give me a warm fuzzy about such a static system?

: Thanks.

: Jim Talbert
: Birmingham AL

Replies to this post
There are none.