Re: WELL PUMP PRESSURE
Posted by More on June 24, 19100 at 01:06:49:
In response to Re: WELL PUMP PRESSURE
: I HAVE A NEW HOME WITH A WELL RECOVERING 30 GPM. MY PUMP IS SET TO COME ON AT 30 PSI AND SHUT OFF AT 50PSI. I NEED MORE PRESSURE!!!! HOW DO I ADJUST THE PUMP TO GIVE ME MORE PRESSURE?

If its a really new home, contact the builder and tell them that you need more pressure, or you can't keep the house. If you really want to increase pressure on your own you need to realize that the fixtures and pressure fittings are not designed to exceed 50 pounds per square inch, to allow for expansion and contraction, cold and heat, and water hammer. Do you REALLY know you don't have adequate pressure? Try to unscrew the aereator on the kitchen faucet and see if it is perfectly clean. Often a new home builder uses fixtures that come in shrink wrap and that is retained at the fixture orifice and is blown through the valve and into the aereator screen filter. Also new homes are connected to water mains and wells that have sat idle for months collecting sand, and the first uses of water also carrys that sand through the fixtures and valves to the aereator screen. Take the top off the toilet tank and look into the fresh water in the bottom of the tank. Is there sand in it? Remove (unscrew) the shower spray head and then turn on the water. Is there gobs of pressure now? Look inside the shower spray head aereator. Is there a little washer that has a pinhole in it? Thats a flow restrictor. New home builders add them into home fixtures to try to make the new home buyers think their new home is so efficient it uses less water and saves on water bills. Pry that little flow restrictor out of there and see if you have the pressure you need. Need I ask the question? Did you look at the angle stops under the sinks and open those valves to allow more water to the fixtures? New home sellers turn those way down to keep from getting water splashes while showing and trying to sell the home, cuz new home lookie loos kick the tires and look under the hood by turning on the water in the sinks.

Still need more pressure? Look at the pressure regulator setting as the water enters the house. It looks like a little igloo with a set screw in the top. Is that set at 40 PSI? Then look at the water filtering system. That looks like two igloos. They are under pressure so be careful. They are often clogged with a silt and sand material and the screens can be rinsed off in a bucket of water and replaced.

Replies to this post
There are none.