Re: New Toilets
Posted by Randy Rohe on September 01, 1998 at 18:12:31:
In response to Re: New Toilets
Dear Ray,

I have two Sloan Flushmate (pressure assisted) toilets. I have purchased one is July and one this August. First of all, I cannot praise them enough. Talking about toilets makes some people flush (haha) but these really do an excellent job. They Easily outperform the old 15 GALLON toilets they replaced. I have been unable to clog either toilet, and they always perform on just one flush.

Yes, they are quite noisy. If you can imagine the type of toilet you generally see in McDonalds, or simply the type that has no tank, only a silver colored pipe coming out of the wall, through the flush valve, and into the top of the bowl. Imagine the noise they make. My Flushmates are not quite that loud.

Do yourself a favor. Go to your public library and look in the May 1998 issue of Consumer Reports. It has "Fix it!" in big bold letters on the front. Open it to page 44 and give yourself and education.

In conclusion, yes they are quite noisy. However, their performance outweighs their noisiness. I have gotten used to the noise. It really depends more on what you are used to, and people are not used to loud toilets. It takes about a month to 'adjust' to them, but it is well worth it.

If you have any questions, doubts, or comments, please E-MAIL me at RandyRohe@aol.com
I highly reccomend you get the Sloan Flushmate. You will be quite pleased.

P.S. If you look at Terry Love's 'Consumer Report on toilets' page, near the bottom, you will see that Gerber has come out with a new one piece with the new flushmate 503 series. I wonder if this one is any quieter. You might check this out. Also, you can visit their website at www.flushmate.com

Again e-mail me if you have any questions,

Talk later,
Randy

Replies to this post