Re: removal/fix single shower faucet
Posted by hj on June 15, 19100 at 01:45:22:
In response to Re: removal/fix single shower faucet
from your description, I would assume it is a Moen faucet. Removing the stem may be easy, but more likely you will need a special pulling tool. You will be better off having a plumber change the stem, since you could damage the valve in the wall and then require an entirely new valve.

: Terry,

: I have a single valve faucet in a shower stall in my basement. I dont know how old it is or the brand.
: The house is about 24 years old. It worked when we first moved in, but we haven't used the shower
: for a few years now. It worked hard then. The problem is that it will not pull out to turn on the shower.

: One... what can I do to free up the mechanism.

: Two..If it wont free up. How do I replace the valve. I have replaced other type faucets and valves before but
: I am not familiar with this one

: Thanks

: Larry

Replies to this post
There are none.