HELP- I am in the middle of a shower and . . .
Posted by Tina on June 06, 19100 at 11:12:09:
From time to time I lose water pressure throughout the house. So far this has always happened in
the when showering in the morning. The water runs for a while then loses pressure and stops. (I have a private well with a
precharged storage
tank.) When I check the water pressure gauge (when having problems), it drops but the pump doesn't kick on.
There is no pressure for a while, then after 10 to 15 minutes, the pump kicks on and builds pressure back
up and things work well the rest of the day and is ok for a couple of days. Originally I thought it was a bad
pressure switch so I replaced it. Even though there is a new switch I noticed that the contact points
on the pressure switch are closed at the time when there is no water pressure- but the pump doesn't
kick on(or at least doesn't build pressure). I have also noticed that when the pump is working and achieves the set pressure that
the
contact points don't open up. I can then "kick" it off manually and the pressure stays/holds until there is water use. We have a water softner with a chorine injection tank tied in- if thats relevant??
Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

Replies to this post