Posted by Miles Keefe on August 22, 1998 at 14:45:24:
Hi all: I live in a housing area in Irvine, CA. I feel I have low water pressure inside the house although the district tells me that we have 60 lbs at the meter. On the inlet pipe coming into the house immediately after the homeowners shutoff valve there is a Braukmann product which I am guessing is some type of pressure reg. It is mounted horizontally and is a cylinder about 5" long and 2" in diameter. One end has a knob to turn but with the knob in the full closed position there still isn't what I'd consider full flow inside the house.

Does anyone know if I'm guessing correctly? Is there by any chance the device has an internal screen that might be badly clogged. If so, how do I get at it? I haven't been able to find anyone locally who is familiar with the device. The house is 10 years old.

Appreciate any assistance......

Replies to this post