Re: Water Pressure Regulator Installation
Posted by on May 30, 19100 at 17:59:46:
In response to Re: Water Pressure Regulator Installation
: Please tell me step by step instructions for installing a water pressure regulator.(or is this something a plumber must do?) Also, can these be bought at Home Depot, etc.? Thanks

it all depends on what kind of pipe you are talking about. the regulator gets installed on the main water service to the home. the most common is the Watts 25aub 3/4", this can be used on copper or galvanized pipe. on copper the valve will have to be cut into the pipe and a knowledge of soldering does help. if you have galvanized pipe it can be more involved(cutting and threading pipe if needed. these valves can be purchased at most major hardware stores or plumbing suppliers. the 3/4" is preset to 55lbs. so you should not have to adjust it.

Replies to this post
There are none.