Re: Natural Gas Pipe-tie-in
Posted by hj on May 27, 19100 at 21:02:24:
In response to Re: Natural Gas Pipe-tie-in
If the connection is going to be in an attic where it will be accessible then you can tie them together with a union. If it will be enclosed, then you have to use a left/right coupling and nipple. Installing these properly is not a task for a do-it-yourselfer. There is only one way to do it without having a leak now or in the future and it is not something I would even try to describe and hope that you would be able to do it safely.
: I am finishing up a new kitchen in my house, and the last thing to do is to run a new 3/4 inch gas pipe from my existing line to the kitchen for the gas stove. I know what the code requires for materials (schedule 40 black pipe), and I plan to have it cut and threaded at a nearby Home depot type store. I am not a plumber but I have done a lot and have read a lot. How do I tie into the existing line without having to bring in some special tools for threading and cutting? Is there a special connection to apply and splice in or some plumbers trick that makes it easier? Please help or refer me to a good book or video as I have to do it myself because of lack of funds.

Replies to this post