Zone Valve Change motor

Users who are viewing this thread

mike@newyork

Reaction score
Hi
My zone valve has stopped working, I have bought (on good advise) a new synchronous motor and have been told that a straight replacement would solve the problem.
Has anyone ever changed one of these motors and is it a DIY job.
I would be glad of any advise

Mike

CHH

Reaction score
I have changed out a Honeywell powerhead. It was a straight unbolt motor and untwist wires - bolt-up and re attach the wires type job. Keep the wires straight and it's no problem. The powerhead just slips onto the valve shaft if I recall correctly. I changed out the whole assembly so it was 4 wires. If you just change the motor it'll be real simple.

CHH

Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand. Were you working on a valve or your wife? If it's the former, good job! If it's the later, well, there are other forums for that...:D

mike@newyork

Reaction score
Honeywell zone valve

The wife said that I would make a good plumber because

I did a good job on the valve
And
An outstanding job on the old boiler afterwards:cool:

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks