Zoeller M98 M53 rebuild

Users who are viewing this thread

tonystuart

Reaction score
Hello and thank you to all the great posters here.

I have (2) M98's and (3) M53's all about 10 years old. I've replaced switches and capacitors in a few of them and they're failing again years later. These are in my basement sump systems. I figured while they're on the workbench I would do whatever was necessary to keep them working for years to come. Does anyone have thoughts on what other components to replace? Maybe shaft seals or other seals... Seems like the rebuild kits have parts in them that wouldn't go bad like the terminal plugs under the switch. Also ordering new oil and curious how much they take. I've forgotten since those capacitor replacements. I think I used mineral oil before. Is that okay to use?

Thanks for taking the time, I appreciate it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks