Zinsser primer better than Kilz...?

Discussion in 'Remodel Forum & Blog' started by Mike50, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Mike50

Mike50 DIY Senior Member

That's what I'm hearing- the painting pros prefer to use. And I never looked into any further because it's around 24 dollars a gallon at big box.

So buying in quantity and at that price it should dance and make me a sandwich.:D

However my local hardware promotes it and it's same price as Kilz--therefore I'm interested in trying it....at that price.

Anyone used it...or both?

I'm a smoker that hates smokey rooms so I want the best to get rid of any residual odors.

Especially since I got rid of almost all the carpeting now and replaced with tile and Laminate.

thanks..

Mike50
  2. zimmee66

zimmee66 New Member

Zinnsser v. kilz

Howdy mike

Zinnsser is *definately* in a different class from Kilz. Yes--It is more expensive, but applies better and covers better (more pigement per gallon), so on a big job its often cheaper to use Zinnsser.

The make a big line of products, I usually use bullseye ("oil") odorless on smoky rooms...peel stop kicks butt too.

If you find ot at the same price as kilz, stock up!

-jim
  3. Mike50

Mike50 DIY Senior Member

Well alrighty then. I'm going to try it out soon. Why "oil"?
    Aren't we trying to only use that when needed?

M.