Zinsser primer better than Kilz...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mike50

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
That's what I'm hearing- the painting pros prefer to use. And I never looked into any further because it's around 24 dollars a gallon at big box.

So buying in quantity and at that price it should dance and make me a sandwich.:D

However my local hardware promotes it and it's same price as Kilz--therefore I'm interested in trying it....at that price.

Anyone used it...or both?

I'm a smoker that hates smokey rooms so I want the best to get rid of any residual odors.

Especially since I got rid of almost all the carpeting now and replaced with tile and Laminate.

thanks..

Mike50

Zimmee66

Reaction score
Zinnsser v. kilz

Howdy mike

Zinnsser is *definately* in a different class from Kilz. Yes--It is more expensive, but applies better and covers better (more pigement per gallon), so on a big job its often cheaper to use Zinnsser.

The make a big line of products, I usually use bullseye ("oil") odorless on smoky rooms...peel stop kicks butt too.

If you find ot at the same price as kilz, stock up!

-jim

Mike50

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
zimmee66 said:
Howdy mike

Zinnsser is *definately* in a different class from Kilz. Yes--It is more expensive, but applies better and covers better (more pigement per gallon), so on a big job its often cheaper to use Zinnsser.

The make a big line of products, I usually use bullseye ("oil") odorless on smoky rooms...peel stop kicks butt too.

If you find ot at the same price as kilz, stock up!

-jim

Well alrighty then. I'm going to try it out soon. Why "oil"?
Aren't we trying to only use that when needed?

M.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks