zalgoro

Users who are viewing this thread

zalgoro

Reaction score
I have very large turds. Old 5 gallon flush toilets worked for me but I stop up 1.6 gallon models 50% of the time. Do Caroma toilets have a larger trap. Do I need pressure assisted flush.I prefer an elongated bowl in a single piece toilet. Please give me your recommendation for the least expensive toilet that would work for me.

Chad Schloss

Reaction score
here is a video of how large the trapway is on the Caroma.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It's not likely to be the fact that they flush with 1.6g, but the design of the toilet that is the issue. A Caroma uses a 3" trapway, most others are closer to 2". But, a lot of the issue is how smooth the curves of the trapway design are. tight turns are not friendly for large stools. For 99% of the population, a good (and by no means are all of them good) 1.6g toilet works fine. Lots of people have had good luck with the Toto Drake, or Drake II because it has a very well-designed trap. But, if the stools are very long and hard, the larger trapway of the Caroma may be your salvation. They do splash a bit, but that's better than having to break things apart and reflushing. The Totos that use the Unifit adapter have very smooth walls, and work well, too. But, they still are smaller diameter than the Caromas.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks