youtube Steve Lavimoniere douchebag or not

Users who are viewing this thread

Pourboy

Reaction score
Long time caller first time listener, have to go with nah here!

He's a master in my book, don't really think I'd have the guts to attempt this, would've cut the ceiling replaced from below or cut up the floor. Not to mention who carries an old school flange on their truck.

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; would've cut the ceiling replaced from below or cut up the floor.

REALLY? I am glad I never called you for a repair. He did the right thing, although he took long enough to do it. I have never seen lag screws unscrew that easily. Nor would I have TRIED to remove the old flange the way he did it. IF he had the right flange, he would not have had to hammer it down or use so much oakum in the joint, (and ALL flanges have the ridge, otherwise what would keep the oakum from pushing out of the bottom?) A professional would have known HOW to use the calking irons on the lead, because he had them backwards. UNless more time passed than the video shows the flange would have melted the wax ring, and why would you use a "thick" wax ring when the flange is properly positioned ON the floor?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks