Your Work day and its details?

Users who are viewing this thread

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
My mom's eyes were shut and she was halfway into my seat (drivers seat) and she kept screaming "SLOW DOWN" and i said i'm going the speed limit and these trucks are up my butt and she said "I DON'T CARE SLOW DOWN!".

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I took a friend of mine to Crystal one time, there is a cat track from the top along the side of the mountain.

She said she was worried about going off the trail and winding up in the trees.
So of course I had to turn off the trial and go down that way, told her I would meet her farther down the hill.

It kind of freaked her,

crystal_4_taylor_rainier.jpg

My son Taylor, the trail is behind him.

Peanut9199

Reaction score
I was learning with my dad and i was backing out of our underground garage spot and i put in my foot on the brake, put the car in reverse and leaned over to look out the back window, took my foot off the brake, stepped on the gas and hit the wall..... it was in drive.

I also remember driving with him and we were going down the street and i saw a couple of cute girls, so i was checking them out.
My father says "Keep your eyes on the road" and i said "Ya i am" and he said "Oh ya, then way did you drive through that stop sign!".

Peanut9199

Reaction score
My sister works for Peel Children's Village, which deals with abused, problem kids and victims of violence could be a parent/sibling is murdered and the children are stuck in the middle of it.
She will go to their homes and help the family deal with the problems.

I would not want her job and i would not do what you do either.

It takes a special person to take on that kind of responsibility and heartache.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Here you go...a new old rhyme...

There was an Old Lady song
There was an old lady who swallowed a fly
I don't know why she swallowed a fly - perhaps she'll die!
There was an old lady who swallowed a spider,
That wriggled and wiggled and tiggled inside her;
She swallowed the spider to catch the fly;
I don't know why she swallowed a fly - Perhaps she'll die!
There was an old lady who swallowed a bird;
How absurd to swallow a bird.
She swallowed the bird to catch the spider,
There was an old lady who swallowed a cat;
Fancy that to swallow a cat!
She swallowed the cat to catch the bird,
There was an old lady that swallowed a dog;
What a hog, to swallow a dog;
She swallowed the dog to catch the cat,
There was an old lady who swallowed a cow,
I don't know how she swallowed a cow;
She swallowed the cow to catch the dog,
She swallowed the dog to catch the cat,
There was an old lady who swallowed a horse...
She's dead, of course!

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Right on Terry!

Nothing like a good handling vehicle and a few miles of twisties. I fell in love with them in England in 1962 when I bought my first car, a new red 1962 Mini Minor 5 speed manual with dual carbs and Perrelli racing tires. The front wheel drive took some getting used to but didn't take long on old English twistie country roads racing blokes in their Triumphs and such.

At times I still relive those days with my 4 door Jeep. That's if I can handle the screaming codriver... If I can take it long enough, she gasps for air and turns blue over 80.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
speed

quote; but, what is this 85mph? :eek: I am never in that much of a hurry to get to work, you could ticket me for doing under the speed limit,

It's like I told my grandson the other day when we got behind an electrical utility truck. I told him, "If they are going to a job they will drive 45, if they are going back to the barn they will be going 70." My daughter complained to my wife one time that, "Dad doesn't drive as fast as he used to. He used to go 125 on his motorcycle and 90 and the highways." Actually it was 110 on the highways when my wife could not see the speedometer. Before I moved out here, when I came down to see what conditions were, I was driving through St. Louis at 2:00 a.m., (before the days of the Interstates), and a patrolman pulled me over and asked if I knew how fast I was driving. I told him, "Not really, but it was probably in the neighborhood of 95. He said, "Close, I had you at 98." After a little conversation, he asked me to slow down until I got out of town, but as soon as he was out of sight I hit the throttle again and was in Albequerque about 10;00 a.m. after a couple of rest stops.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Right on Terry!

Nothing like a good handling vehicle and a few miles of twisties. I fell in love with them in England in 1962 when I bought my first car, a new red 1962 Mini Minor 5 speed manual with dual carbs and Perrelli racing tires. The front wheel drive took some getting used to but didn't take long on old English twistie country roads racing blokes in their Triumphs and such.

At times I still relive those days with my 4 door Jeep. That's if I can handle the screaming codriver... If I can take it long enough, she gasps for air and turns blue over 80.

The jeep liberty is the 3rd overpriced vehicle. :(
http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/autos_content_landing_pages/1021/americas-most-overpriced-cars/

Last edited:

Peanut9199

Reaction score
My Aunt had a lease for a Cherokee that was up.
She went in to get a new model, they said they didn't have one but they would give her a Commander for the same price.
She had no idea what it was but said sure and signed the deal.
She goes out the back to pick it up and it looks like a Hummer, she can barely climb in the monster, but she is stuck with it for the next three years.
I guess with the price of gas they were having trouble getting rid of them.
Jeep_XK_4inB.jpg

Cookie

Reaction score
I bet that one is a gas guzzler. Maybe with the help of someone your aunt should go back to that place and request something closer to what she had. That is awful how people will take advantage of the next guy. The Liberty isn't too bad on gas at all and it is perfect in the winter on my hills getting back and forth to work, I think it would be ideal for her. It is easy to drive, easy to get into and a nice area in the back for groceries or packages.

Peanut9199

Reaction score
No they weren't to helpful, but she already had a Compass for my cousin and she's at college for the next 3 years and only uses it when she comes home on break, so my Aunt is using that for now.

It's funny to watch her climb into it, she's short and a bit over weight so it cute.

Plus she makes a lot of money so she doesn't care too much on the gas.
2007-Jeep-Compass-LTD-001.jpg

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
I replaced 1 water heater today...the water pressure was so low that it took almost as long to fill it as it took to drain it...I didn't check but I am going to guess it was around 25-30 PSI.

Cookie

Reaction score
worked all morning, long day.
The rest of today is play day...
How is your work day?

Last edited:

Peanut9199

Reaction score
8-10 i entered some orders, played on the internet.
10-11 meeting
11-12 Duravit education
12-1:30 Pizza and wings (from Duravit)
1-3 phone & internet
3-5 hopefully nothing

Your story reminded me of a situation with a plumber that was working at Queensway Mental Hospital.
He's working away, his tool box behind him, he here's a noise looks behind him and a patient is standing in the doorway smiling and waving, he waves back and turn to work again.
The patient walks in picks up a hammer and starts to hit him, luckily he stops him before he passes out from the blows to his head.
New policy one guy works another watches the doorway.

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
My Fridays end at 11:30.
Been napping, eating cookies I made for my daughter and just got done watching a movie.

:D

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Helpers

I hope your helper is better than the one who was working with a plumber shortly after I moved here. They were on the roof of a five story building. When they got done, the plumber put the tools in the tool box and told the kid to throw them in the truck. Instead going down stairs and doing it, he walked over to the parapet and dropped the toolbox into the truckbed. It almost went all the way through, and made a very impressive, and permanent, dent in the floor.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks