Yet another vent question....(sketch)

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by SuperDaddy, Mar 25, 2008.

1. SuperDaddy

SuperDaddy New Member

Just wondering if it is possible to vent a toilet in this manner (see pic).

4" waste with a 3" vent line coming off the back of the waste line.

I'm not sure if this is acceptable or not. I am worried about the actual "waste" getting caught on the tee portion on the "way down".

I searched, but couldn't find anything that dealt with this scenario.

Any thoughts?

[​IMG]
  2. Basement_Lurker

Basement_Lurker One who lurks

Why don't you have the tee under the wall instead of the toilet and have a 90 going from under the toilet into the branch connection?

Otherwise, if you are determined to use your current setup, you can swap out the tee for a wye fitting.
  3. BAPlumber

BAPlumber Plumber

this is a fairly common setup for older homes. the (barrell vent) usually is used with a 2" Vent (code), I've seen it with a 3/4" vent (not code). I don't see a problem with a 3" vent, but no advantages.
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

vent

You need a "Y" rather than a "T", but otherwise it is okay. Depending on the rest of the plumbing system, you may only need a 2" vent however
  5. SuperDaddy

SuperDaddy New Member

Thanks for your help guys, I appreciate it.

:)
  6. bombjay

bombjay New Member

[​IMG]

Hope this quick scribble helps.It shows a 4x3 toilet bend into a sanitary tee that is below your 3" vent
  7. SuperDaddy

SuperDaddy New Member

Excellent. Thanks. I am still tossing around ideas.

I appreciate the help.