X thread..P-trap?

Users who are viewing this thread

IAmLulu

Reaction score
Not sure if this should be here or plumbing so X posted.

Replacing shower with a tub on concrete foundation....because of height issues with the tub drain, I will need to install a second pee-trap in the line. Is there any problem with having two pee-traps in the tub drain line.
TIA Larry

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Yes, do not install a second p-trap. It won't drain well and would be impossible to snake, should it ever become necessary.

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Larry I have heard this story so many times.

"There is a problem here we need to raise the tub." Often the problem is lack of knowledge.

I'm betting one of two things.

1). your plumber does not know how to remove pipe from above.

2). You line in a multi-family housing unit and the old tubs p-trap is covered up with Fire Stopping

Dhagin

builder:anti-builder
Reaction score
Need more info Larry.

If you have a "slab on grade", simply remove and replace the existing drain piping so that it works properly with the new tub. This may involve cutting/breaking concrete, excavating some dirt, etc...

If you have something other than a slab on grade, like pre-stressed concrete, then post some photos for us. :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks