WTB: vertical float with about 10" travel OR double float

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by ct-esq, Apr 24, 2009.

1. ct-esq

ct-esq New Member

Dec 29, 2008
    I have a submersible pump and, after researching on this site, determined that I have been pumping out groundwater because the pump's integrated float switch is too short.

I could probably put the pump on a brick to raise it up, but i've determined that the vertical float is best (i'm open to suggestions) but I can't find one with about 10" of travel. i want to pump out the basin, but only from the top.

any suggestions? the sjm rombus has only 6.5 of travel.

i'm not sure a double float would work well, but i can get turbulence in the basin from the pour in. and i'm afraid that the diameter of the basin is too small for the double float. 18" or so.

i live in CT so no mercury switches.

thanks in advance
  2. adam12

adam12 Guest

I am also looking for this from a long time.I really need this for my work.Thank you for sharing with us.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. ballvalve

ballvalve General Engineering Contractor

Dec 28, 2009
    "retired" and still building and troubleshooting
    northfork, california
    Nothing like an old brick or flat rock to solve a problem cheap. Keep it simple.
  5. bubb1957

bubb1957 New Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Northern Ohio
    Do a search on Stevens Pumps..the S5310, S5710, and S5010 all have a 12" start and 3/12" stop, which gives you 8.5 inches difference. They have the pressure diaphragm switches, which some do not care for, but have been very reliable for me so far.