would like to install a toto with a floor supply line

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by noeffort, Feb 28, 2008.

1. noeffort

noeffort New Member

Hi,
    I'm finally going to replace an American Standard Lexington One piece that has caused a lot of problems over the years.
    Came across this Terrys Toilet ratings and would like to go with a toto..
    The problem is the supply is from the floor, 5-1/2" from the wall and 6" from rear center of old toilet.
    I can get to the the pipes from below if I have to move the supply. Would like to know if the Ultramax would fit.
    I have the toilet specifications and the footprint isn't descriptive enough.

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2008
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. noeffort

noeffort New Member

Hi Terry,
    Thats great news! Almost took a sledge hammer to that lexington many times!!!
    Can you clarify on the 3" to the left.... where is the point you are measuring from?
    I told one of the plumbers at work about your toto recommedations and he swears by them too!
    I forgot to mention, I wanted to go with the elongated bowls, not sure if the footprint is any larger.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2008
  5. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    If it comes from the wall, then 3" works.

Reading your title on the post, I realize that you want to come through the floor,
    You will need at least 5" or more for that.
    Reading your post, you have 5-1/2"
    It should work.

6. noeffort

noeffort New Member

Yes, the supply is coming up thru the floor at a distance of 5-1/2" from the wall.
    From very back center of the old toilet to the left where the supply is coming up thru the floor the distance is 6".