worlds oldest flapper....

Users who are viewing this thread

Racer814

Reaction score
and was still working
the old man who lived there said it was 35 y/o....I don't believe that but I have never seen one in this bad of shape that was still working....:eek:

Attachments

• Feb05_001.jpg
    Feb05_001.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 417

Norcal1

Plumber/Owner
Reaction score
I see lots of them in that condition...must be the water plus age. But, I don't think they made that style flapper 35 years ago.

Those little flappers will stain the heck out of your hands if you're not wearing gloves...that much I know.

Dubldare

Plumber/Gasfitter
Reaction score
I've seen some old-skool flush valves in cabins. I mean old, with leather gaskets.

But then again, the flush tanks were wood, with copper linings...

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
I can believe the old man, but by the looks of that Korkey, it wasn't working good enough to hold water..........

Dubldare

Plumber/Gasfitter
Reaction score
RUGGED said:
Curtain flush valves, those still exist in a great deal of uppity old money homes in Cincinnati.

Looks like someone put a soup can in the toilet. :p

Have an old (AmStd low-boy one piece) at a cabin I winterize, has the old brass soup can. I have yet to need to get at the flapper, but I'm guessing its a douglas tank ball under there.

That particular toilet also has a petcock in the bottom of the tank for draining.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks