Won't stop regenerating! Kinetico 2100 FOD filter head

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by IronManganeseNE, Jan 17, 2013.

1. IronManganeseNE

IronManganeseNE New Member

Newbie here... Please tell me if this isn't the place for my question, and where I should post it -

Is it practical/easy to open the head and correct this? My Kinetico 2100 FOD dual tank filter (ca. 2004) won't stop regenerating. A rust film on the disk keeps me from seeing where the indicator is in the cycle. Push&Turn, I can feel minor clicks and the head switches to and from Regen and Purge but water never stops flowing water unless I bypass the filter system to cut off H2O pressure. Any help appreciated!
  2. mialynette2003

mialynette2003 Member

There could be several thing that will cause it to stay regenerating. The regen drive pawl, the regen gearing, or a drain seal my be at fault. I have a manual for the standard softener which may help because it shows the internal part breakdown. Send me an e-mail and I'll send the manual.