Wirsbo ProPex Expander Tool & Pex-A - Question

Users who are viewing this thread

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
Rehau Raupex is pex-A, so I'm good.

Are you planning to use the ProPEX expander rings and their expansion tool with the Rehau tube? I went to Rehau website to see how they did their connections and found reference to "EverLock" (their expansion ring or insert, I'm not sure which it is) and something about a Rehau expansion tool, but I couldn't find anything specific regarding whether Rehau uses am external ring like Uponor or something different, and how their expansion tool works. It looks like a good product - just not sure you can mix with Uponor's connection methods.

Good luck. Report back if you try it.

Flapper

Reaction score
Are you planning to use the ProPEX expander rings and their expansion tool with the Rehau tube? I went to Rehau website to see how they did their connections and found reference to "EverLock" (their expansion ring or insert, I'm not sure which it is) and something about a Rehau expansion tool, but I couldn't find anything specific regarding whether Rehau uses am external ring like Uponor or something different, and how their expansion tool works. It looks like a good product - just not sure you can mix with Uponor's connection methods.

Good luck. Report back if you try it.
It's PEX A so the tube should be exactly the same so you should be able to use the Uponor or Rehau tube with either connection system.
If you dont know how the Rehau works; first you slide on a sleeve on the tube, then using the tool you expand the tube, then you insert the fitting, then you flip the tool over and compress the sleeve over the fitting.

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
It's PEX A so the tube should be exactly the same so you should be able to use the Uponor or Rehau tube with either connection system.

So your saying that all PEXa brands will be the same OD and ID (for the same respective size tubing: 1/2", 3/4", etc.)? It's not possible or allowed (maybe by some standard) that the wall thickness can vary between brands?

Rodger, do the Uponor rings fit on the Rehau tubing the same (snugness) as with the Uponor tubing?

Flapper

Reaction score
So your saying that all PEXa brands will be the same OD and ID (for the same respective size tubing: 1/2", 3/4", etc.)? It's not possible or allowed (maybe by some standard) that the wall thickness can vary between brands?

Rodger, do the Uponor rings fit on the Rehau tubing the same (snugness) as with the Uponor tubing?
They must be the same OD and ID because they fit compression and push fittings (which have inserts), and they fit PEX barb fittings.

Plumber01

In the Trades
Reaction score
I've never done it but I know others who have used rehau with uponor expansion rings and fittings.

I was told the rehau tubing is less expensive than the uponor. One guy in particular swore by doing it that way.

I'm sure it voids the warranty, if any warranty, by mixing the two brands though.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
From what I've read, Wirsbo is the only company that does the entire production of their pex, from the raw materials, to the finished product. This gives them ultimate control. Now, whether that actually gives them measurable advantages, I do not know, but they have nobody to blame if there's something that goes wrong!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks