Wiring the fan on an Norton (broan) Furnace

Users who are viewing this thread

Hyrules

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a Nortron 21b25m furnace with heating only. I would like to wire the fan option of the furnace and possibly the C wire which is supposed to power the thermostat. ( which is running on battery right now )
Right now I have only the R and W1 wired in ( on the thermostat and inside the furnace)(Probably because the old thermostat was analog and mecanical). I know the thermostat can do fan only (with auto or on). There is some wire available inside the wall inside the cable that was installed with the furnace.
Is it as simple as wiring the G wire from the thermostat and inside the furnace on the terminal block ? I looked at the wiring manual of the furnace and the thermostat manual as well and it seems right. The thermostat is a Honeywell TH6110D1039.
Right now the setup of the thermostat is at heat only but I can change it to heat and fan only so the fan option appear.

I tried it and it worked but i just want to make sure that it's wired properly so I don't break anything. My main concern is that the fan is louder with a "call to fan" ( fan on option ) than I continuous mode (button on the furnace) is that normal for that furnace ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hyrules

Reaction score
Well apparently I found my answer by digging more and analysing the way the furnace works. It is perfectly normal for the fan to be louder since when I trigger the system on ventilation mode(physical button on the furnace) it does the same as if I trigger the fan on the thermostat and thus the thermostat triggers the ventillation mode which is louder than just continuous mode which is a low speed fan setting to circulate air. If anybody else has any input they will be welcomed.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
That is great that you got a answer. Very nice of you to report back.

I thought a Norton was a air cooled motorcycle, with no fan.

Have fun.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks