Wiring issues

Users who are viewing this thread

kriss Brock

Reaction score
I have a Feh-017HA -04 furnace. Old as dirt. Some of my wires connected to the top of my relay box have disconnected. I need help putting wires back to the proper place. Nobody wants to help because it is so old. They just want me to purchase a new one. I have wires coming from thermostat and outside unit. The top of relay box has
RC RH W C G
I have a yellow coming from outside and thermostat connected together.
I have a green and orange also connected.
Coming from thermostat is : black,red,white,green, light blue.
Coming from outide unit is: white,red,darker blue.
please help.

Reach4

Reaction score
C is not usually run to a conventional thermostat, but it is used to help power electronic thermostats.

Wiring is pretty common. RC is for cooling, and RH is for heat. These are often connected together if there is only a single transformer.

Look in your furnace for a thermostat. There is often an interlock switch that shuts things down when the panel is off. Sometimes pulling on that will let you work on the system without the switch shutting things down.

If your thermostat connects RH to W, expect the heat (burner) to come on. In normal operation, the fan is controlled by a separate thermostat looking at the temperature in the furnace and turns the fan on when the air in the furnace is hot... maybe 100F. That is why the fan operation lags the burner operation.

Since you have no Y, your system may be heat-only.

http://www.behvac.com/troubleshooter41.htm

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
I have a Feh-017HA -04 furnace. Old as dirt. Some of my wires connected to the top of my relay box have disconnected. I need help putting wires back to the proper place. Nobody wants to help because it is so old. They just want me to purchase a new one.....

How did these wires get "disconnected"? Is it due to corrosion? Service men may have seen a dangerous situation and by repairing and connecting the thermostat may leave you in an unsafe position. This old furnace may have a rusted out heat exchanger thereby allowing carbon monoxide to enter the home. Just a guess by me. Then the liability falls on them should something bad happen.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks