Wiring a jet pump in conjuction with a storage tank

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Terrasmooth, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Terrasmooth

Terrasmooth New Member

Hello,
    I have a 3/4 hp jet pump that I want to use to pump water from my storage tank to my pressure tank.
    I have the high and low floats for the storage tank, I need a wiring diagram to wire this setup. Do I need a control box for the jet pump?

www.terrasmooth.com
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

The switch for the lower float has to open when the float drops and the upper one has to open with the float rises to fill the tank. You can wire them in series to control the pump's operation, Once it is full you only need to wire the lower one to stop the pump when the storage tank runs out of water, but you also need a controller to tell the pump when the main tank needs water.