Wiring 2 Honeywell zone valves

Users who are viewing this thread

pagregg

Reaction score
I have 2 zones each with a Honeywell zone valve. (the valves have "end switch on top and TH-TR...TH...TR on bottom) I need to know how to connect the second valve. The first valve is connected to the transformer, thermostat and aquastat and works correctly. On the second I connected to the first valve by running the wire from fist valve "end switch" to the second valve TH-TR & TR with the second thermostat connected to the TH-TR & TH. It doesn't work??? Am I correct in thinking that I don't run the second valve to the aquastat as it is going through valve 1?

Thanks for any help!

pagregg

Reaction score
Yep same as what I got when I purchased the valve, still not sure what is wrong.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
You are confusing "circulator or another valve" with a zone valve. That "other valve" would be the burner's gas valve or whatever turns the system on. Each zone valve needs a supply line from the transformer, and a control wire from the thermostat. This allows each zone valve to operate independently, but BOTH have to be wired in parallel from the "end switch" to the boiler's "control circuit", gas valve or circulator, depending on whether it is a constant temperature or "on demand" system.

pagregg

Reaction score
Nope not confusing it at all! I have 2 two zone valves that i need to connect...wow

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks