Wiring 2 Honeywell zone valves

Discussion in 'Boiler Forum' started by pagregg, Sep 12, 2012.

1. pagregg

pagregg New Member

I have 2 zones each with a Honeywell zone valve. (the valves have "end switch on top and TH-TR...TH...TR on bottom) I need to know how to connect the second valve. The first valve is connected to the transformer, thermostat and aquastat and works correctly. On the second I connected to the first valve by running the wire from fist valve "end switch" to the second valve TH-TR & TR with the second thermostat connected to the TH-TR & TH. It doesn't work??? Am I correct in thinking that I don't run the second valve to the aquastat as it is going through valve 1?

Thanks for any help!
  2. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer In the Trades

3. pagregg

pagregg New Member

Yep same as what I got when I purchased the valve, still not sure what is wrong.
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

You are confusing "circulator or another valve" with a zone valve. That "other valve" would be the burner's gas valve or whatever turns the system on. Each zone valve needs a supply line from the transformer, and a control wire from the thermostat. This allows each zone valve to operate independently, but BOTH have to be wired in parallel from the "end switch" to the boiler's "control circuit", gas valve or circulator, depending on whether it is a constant temperature or "on demand" system.
  5. pagregg

pagregg New Member

Nope not confusing it at all! I have 2 two zone valves that i need to connect...wow