wireless shut off of main valve

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by netmouse, Oct 14, 2013.

1. netmouse

netmouse New Member

The main water pipe into my house is in the basement at the far corner. If I see a foot or two of water in my basement from the top of the stairs, I'd like a way to shut off the water from the top of the stairs.

I see the following one brand of a wireless shut-off valve that can go anywhere in the house. I assume it is reliable. Any thoughts or other ideas or brands?

http://tinyurl.com/dxeon2z
  2. DonL

DonL Banned

So when it is under water, You want to control it and shut it off ?

Good Luck.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

I cannot find anything for sure, but I would assume it also has sensors to shut it off BEFORE you get 2 feet of water in the basement.
  4. ImOld

ImOld New Member

Controlling something under water with RF is not a problem. Think submarines among others.

Now, if the control valve is contained in a waterproof enclosure and provided with waterproof wires to the transformer, now we can go as high as we want.

Well, not really, just as high as the water gets before it takes out the house power::)