wireless shut off of main valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Netmouse

Reaction score
The main water pipe into my house is in the basement at the far corner. If I see a foot or two of water in my basement from the top of the stairs, I'd like a way to shut off the water from the top of the stairs.

I see the following one brand of a wireless shut-off valve that can go anywhere in the house. I assume it is reliable. Any thoughts or other ideas or brands?

http://tinyurl.com/dxeon2z

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
So when it is under water, You want to control it and shut it off ?

Good Luck.

ImOld

Octogenerian
Reaction score
So when it is under water, You want to control it and shut it off ?

Good Luck.

Controlling something under water with RF is not a problem. Think submarines among others.

Now, if the control valve is contained in a waterproof enclosure and provided with waterproof wires to the transformer, now we can go as high as we want.

Well, not really, just as high as the water gets before it takes out the house power::)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks