wireless control for baseboard heater

Users who are viewing this thread

yds

Reaction score
I have a 240V baseboard heater in my bedroom that is controlled by a built-in thermostat. I really only use it to heat up the room in the morning and evening, and it's rather inconvenient to bend down to the floor to turn it on and off each time (ok, that might sound like I'm really lazy, and maybe I am.....). Replacing the built-in with an in-wall thermostat isn't practical on the wall where the heater is (insulated wall with double-drywall making it difficult to fish wiring behind the drywall). What I was wondering was whether there was any way to get a remote/wireless thermostat, or even just a remote switch, to turn on and off the heater. I've searched for any such products with no luck. Anyone got any ideas??

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Check out www.smarthome.com or www.x10.com. It's unlikely that the heater is plugged in, it's probably hardwired, so whatever you do, you'll need to break the wire somewhere to insert the control. This could be at the unit, or maybe somewhere closer to the panel that it is fed from.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks