Wire size fact check

Users who are viewing this thread

Reach4

Reaction score
As I read it, 12 AWG. See the Franklin AIM manual Table 16 (corrected).

40 amp breaker if that is actually 230 volt. See the Franklin AIM manual Table 23.

Is that 208 3-phase maybe? Don't confuse 3 phase with 3-wire. No offense.

I had misread. Sorry.

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
That would be table 16. Corrected above.

Reach4

Reaction score
Sorry. I somehow thought I had read 5 HP.

Greenmonster123

Reaction score
It is 3 phase for sure
For a 25HP in 230 volt you will need #4 wire, which is good to 320'. If it were 480 volt you would only need #8 wire, and it would be good to 830'.

That's what I thought I was reading in the charts. There was a power issue after start up yesterday on this pump. Seems the electrician was given the wrong info on the pump and installed too small a breaker. But also seems the pump wire is too small at #6

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
#6 will work to 200' if they are individual wires. If the wires are all in one jacket, that won't work.
It reads "individual conductors in free air or water, not in conduit". Which also means not jacketed wire.

Also needs 90 amp time delay fuses.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks