Will this venting work?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Need-To-Know, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Need-To-Know

Need-To-Know New Member

Hi, Great and helpful forum. Thanks! I ran my supply from what I learned here. :)

I am replacing the drainage now and I am wondering if this looks like it would work or if I need to add more venting to the shower drain?

Newbie to drainage.

Vents.jpg
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

With a 4" stack the way it's run you're plenty good.
  3. Need-To-Know

Need-To-Know New Member

Excellent - thanks buddy! Back to work and will have it installed before the night is out. :)

Can't thank you enough!
  4. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer In the Trades

It depends on trap to vent distance and you can't waste stack vent bathroom fixtures.
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

quote; It depends on trap to vent distance and you can't waste stack vent bathroom fixtures.

I don't know what THAT means, but we ALWAYS "stack vent" bathroom fixtures, at least on the upper level. As long as that top 1 1/2" is for a sink and it is within the prescribed limits for a trap you are okay. You probably also only needed a 3" riser, assuming this is not the lower level of a two story building, but if there is a bathroom above it, then everything we said is invalid. I am not sure why the second image since the only difference is that it does not show the septic connection.
  6. Need-To-Know

Need-To-Know New Member

Actually that drawing is somewhat the right perspective. The underneath (horizontal brown line) in the drawing is the floor then crawl space under the house and the top goes thru the roof. I am coupling to old case iron that I cut. Cast thru the roof and cast after the bottom 90 - then out to a septic tank.

Sink trap to vent goes thru the wall then another 90 is the only thing left out. It is about 3 feet max to the 90.

This is the previous setup and never had problems. But in saying that nothing in the house was built to code. I have had to gut it and rebuild everything.

Yeah sorry about the second image....I added the septic and guess did not properly remove the other image....Senior moment...
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  7. Sunny1020

Sunny1020 New Member

Just curious need to know, what program did you use to generate the image of your venting system?
    Thanks!